To celebrate my new sequencer I decided to record 10 of my favorite synth riffs as tracks using only my modular rig, some pedals, and a Bass Station II.
I had so much fun recreating that Daft Punk track last time I decided to come back for a second helping. Ten more in fact! I picked a decade of delicious synth treats from my music collection and spent a day recreating them on my homemade eurorack system. We modular nerds have a (perhaps deserved) reputation for being the noodly and undisciplined nomads of the synth world, so I wanted to show another side of the instrument!
And to all my wooly and wired synth comrades out there patching in the blinking darkness, I salute you. Onward to higher planes of sound.
Here is the tracklist:
- 0:00 Disclosure - “When a Fire Starts to Burn”
- 1:01 Riton & Kah-Lo - “Fake ID”
- 1:57 Fatboy Slim - “Acid 8000”
- 3:17 Simian Mobile Disco - “Cruel Intentions”
- 4:02 Booka Shade - “Friend for a Night”
- 5:20 Justice - “Waters of Nazareth”
- 7:07 Kavinsky - “Nightcall”
- 8:06 Roisin Murphy - “Overpowered”
- 9:36 Soulwax - “Krack”
- 10:42 Todd Terje - “Ragysh”